Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Shatter Me Whole

Shatter Me Whole (Shattered Lives #3)
by Barb Shuler


This story is a little closer to home for many of us who have had controlling parents. Where it is they think they know best or just can’t cut the apron strings you always know who is in power and you are always waiting for the time to break free from the hold they have on you. Then there are those who abuse taking away yourself respect, cutting  you into with words and action, all of this is bad and horrible but nothing can be worse than sexual abuse with the abuser having control over your mind and body for a young teen this is devastating. The is a story of one girl who has been used in the worse way and her fighting to break out and find freedom anyway she can. This is a story that brought tears to my eyes. I haven’t felt this much anger for one man, the author knows how to draw her readers in, I really wanted to do bodily harm to her stepfather. What an evil monster that doesn’t deserve to live.

For me out of all the three books this one touched me the most, it hit a little close to home. It is filled with suspense, it is very disturbing and most likely the most to the truth then the other books. The anguish and pain she went through just tore my heart apart.  There are many twists and turns that hold your attention as well as terrifies you.  Jackson’s unconditional brings another tear to your eyes, he is truly a hero that any woman would be proud to call her own. It is amazing how someone can go through as much as Kristol and still remain so strong, not willing to give up, she such a  spit fire even after all she has gone through. It truly was an amazing read that pulled me in, I couldn’t put it down. It is very much and emotional,  intense, complex story of one girl and what she is willing to do to get her freedom and her children back and the man who will do anything to make that happen.

There were times I cringe, times I cried and times I wanted to do bodily harm as well at times when I did smile. It is a very touching story that pulled me in. The author knows how to pull  on your heartstrings making you want to pull the characters out as well as show one man how it feels to be abused. I had no trouble picturing the scenes as they unfold nor did I have any trouble picturing what I would love to do to the stepfather. I have to say my mind went to a place I never would have thought it would leaving me with a smile on my face as I saw him go through some very hard times. It really is a compelling read that I found myself way to invested in. Each of this authors stories is better than the last one. I can hardly wait to see what she comes up with next. I really would hate to be in this authors mind it must be one wild place as she gives us one wild ride after another where evil takes the lead. For a little while you are left wondering if there ever will be a HEA.




Buy Link
Amazon

Summary

Family is supposed to be there to help you when you’re in need. Love you when you are feeling down. To show support. Yours might… mine shatters me.

My stepfather thinks he has a right to take our freedom, and our power from us. They all do.

I’m the rebel. I grew up knowing this was wrong. I will not live my life in fear any more. The pain has to stop. He has to be stopped. I am but one girl on a mission to get out of this place and be free.

Only problem is… I may not be strong enough to defeat him. When I come across something that could possibly end his reign, I'll use it. I would pay to see his world come crashing down around him....

Whether I survive it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment