Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Late Bloomer




Late Bloomer (Man from Yesterday #4)
by Barbara Lohr


I enjoyed this story from the plot to the emotions, I really liked how it was an older woman and younger man. I bet all of us has had a crush on a teacher in school, and I am guessing a few might have even hooked up with one in college, maybe even a fewer have made that relationship work. The author does a great job of how trying that can be from the day you met until the day you met again and remembering just all the pranks you pulled to even how child like you were at times. She gives you conflict of not only the here and now but things that have happened to you in the past that makes you whatt you are today, along with facing your fears and overcoming them.

Oh Carolyn remembers him well from her first year of teaching, the play boy, prankster, the funny boy he was and could always make her smile. Now she is left wondering if he has changed and just what those changes will mean to her. I really liked this character she is strong but has her weakness. There are things in her past that makes her question every man, as well as things she fears.

Brody has always had a crush on Carolyn so much, so he did just about anything to get her attention in class. I can’t say that was a good impression he made. There is no doubt he has grown up but one must ask is he still a player or is he ready to settle down to the one woman and if so where does Carolyn stand in all this.

I loved how these two met again, the fun and humor as they start their journey together. There are many laughs and smiles throughout but also some very trying times. I really loved how he helped her work over her fear of heights. My heart broke for her when she told the story about how her mother tried to help her. I had mixed feeling about them but her mother pulled me around by the end. The characters and supporting characters were great. I just adored her grandmother how strong she was but my heart broke for her when Howard told of her recovery. This is really a very powerful emotional read as well as humorous and fun. It was a story that held my attention from the first page. At times my mind wondered a little but the author always pulled me back. I did think the ending was rushed but it is such a sweet wonderful ending it is easy to over look the rushed part.

There are a lot of issues that have to be worked out, the age different, Carolyn’s hang-ups (there are more than one), other men and women, friends and those that will be lost. There is a very touching scene about a military family that just broke my heart. I had to laugh at her grandmother and the things she found out about her. I laughed and smiled a lot but also was sad a few times. It was very emotional but a great read. I thought it had great fun characters, was well written, and totally delightful with just enough humor to keep it interesting.

 Buy Link
Amazon

B&N

Kobo

Summary
Ten years ago, Brody failed Carolyn’s class. Studying wasn’t his thing in high school. Girls and sports were. A real behavior problem, he set a record for detentions. He made Carolyn miserable that first year of teaching.

When she runs into him in Santa Fe, she hardly recognizes him. Who’s the student this time? Brody teaches her that spontaneity trumps lesson plans. But he was such a player. Can she take him seriously? Brody might just drive his favorite teacher crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment