Monday, April 23, 2018

Dangerous Embrace

Dangerous Embrace (Embrace #1)
by Dana Mason



This began with action and end with it, what a great read full of suspense that keeps your heart beating fast what a thrilling read I could not put down. It is a romance with suspense, action, and thrills but it is so much more the author gives you a wonderful story of strength, fears and overcoming them along with courage to stand up and be accounted for as well as starting over, learning how to trust and love again. It is about an abusive relationship, running for your life, learning to live again and start over.

As the story starts Sarah is being attacked, she gets away only to run Mark who becomes her hero and her bodyguard. Sarah show so much strength, being abused is never easy, getting out even harder. Sarah pulls into her enter self showing how strong she is, she truly became my hero. It is very easy to like her as you are pulled into her world. She has a long road ahead, I so enjoyed walking it with her as she takes back her life. Mark can be a little overprotective, some might think overbearing. I liked him a lot but if I had to deal with him I most likely would not care for him much. I do things for myself so having someone watch my every move, tell me what to do would be hard. That is not to say it is a bad thing some women need this, those who are abused really need it. There comes a time when you can break the chain of an abused victim or you can take over as the controller. It is a fine line but if the right person comes along they can build you up and make you stronger than you ever thought you could. So knowing this it wasn’t hard to really like Mark and all he stands for. We all need a shoulder and someone stronger than us at some point in our lives. He was so devoted to Sarah, with tons of patience, I thought he was a wonderful character.

I thought this was very well written, loved the plot and the way the author laid it out. I was in the authors palms from the first page to the last. It really was a book I couldn’t put down giving me a thrilling suspenseful read that I crave. I had no problem picturing the scenes in my mind watching the attack, feeling her fear and terror was not something I will forget anytime soon. This is a story that will stay with you long after you put the book down.
Buy Links
Amazon

B&N


Summary
Raised by an eccentric mother, their life on the road only taught her how to run away from hard times. When she finds herself in an abusive relationship, this lesson serves her well.

Eight years later, she's settled back in her hometown and less fearful than she's ever been in her life. She's a first-grade teacher, and with few friends and less family around, she has what she wants, a quiet life under the radar where she can be free of her past and live quietly. Until one night and one brutal act of violence changes everything.

Injured and afraid, Sarah wants to run again, but Mark Summors refuses to let her go.

Mark was born and raised in Santa Rosa. He married his high school sweetheart and never questioned his life, until he found his wife with another man. Now divorced, he wants something more. He's passionate about his job, he wants to protect people, and he devotes his life to it. This time, he's protecting more than just another client, he's protecting his future; at least, Sarah Jennings will be his future, once he convinces her she loves him.

When Sarah agrees to let Mark help, she doesn't anticipate just how important of a role he'll play in her future or how the violence in her past will come back to threaten them both

No comments:

Post a Comment