Sunday, November 19, 2017

Wings of Mayhem


Wings of Mayhem
The Mayhem Series, Book 1
By: Sue Coletta
Narrated by: Andrea Emmes
Length: 9 hrs and 5 mins
Unabridged
Release date: 10-19-17
Language: English
Publisher: Crossroad Press


From the first page to the last you are captivated from one page to the next as the story unfolds with a cat burglar on the prowl breaking into a home of a man that steals money. She plans on steal from him selling what she takes and giving it back to those innocent people. What takes place next will leave you spellbound, shock, horrified, screaming for her to put it all back and run, run as fast as you can. She thinks she is safe, making it out alive with no one the wiser but she is very wrong. He knows who she is and he is on the hunt to get back what she took playing a game of cat and mouse this is one cat burglar who is scared out of her wits. Those she loves and hold dear are now in the sights of a very evil man. It is anyone’s guesses who will be left standing when he gets done what he is doing.

Ms. Coletta narration was great, I loved her northern accent it really fit Shawnee. I have listened to other audios of hers but I think this one is the best so far. She really knows how to pull you in making you buy into the story, leaving you hanging on the edge, making you feel the danger, leaving you with her heart in your throat, yelling at the characters demanding they get their act together. I love her character voice, you always know who is talking and what they are feeling. I love the emotion you can hear in her voice as she pulls you in holding you spellbound waiting for the next shoe to drop. The volume never changes, if any breaks were taken I could not tell. There were no repeating of words, no background noises just a very clean and clear audio that I got lost in. I do not think I would have felt the same way had I read it because the narrator really pulls out all the stops given you an emotional listen, making you feel the excitement, pain, sorrow, scared that each character is going through.

The author really gives a wonderful read with a very well thought out story covering everything. When that camera flashed I could picture each thing she saw in my mind. I set there with my mouth wide open asking myself what in the heck she had gotten herself into now. There was no way for her to come clean and lord my heart went out to his victims. There is one that I wanted to grab and pull right out of the book. I kept saying no no no you can’t do that no no no go back oh lord that poor women.  The suspense, danger, and excitement just about killed me. I couldn’t put this book down I had to know what was happening. Oh those poor bodies oh the things he did what a mess. I really liked the ending how it all played out. I loved the mystery and thought when it was over why didn’t I think of that. I felt the killer deserved it and so much more. This is one story that will keep you spellbound until the end. I know I will not forget it for some time to come. It is also one I most likely will listen to again.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Google Play


Summary
Listen to this true crime anthology to learn about 12 more true crime stories that shocked communities and grabbed headlines around the world. You will learn about tragic cases of family annihilation and relationships gone horribly wrong. Among the most shocking of these cases is the murder of the Westerhuis family in South Dakota, who on the outside appeared to by an all-American family, but inside they harbored a felonious secret.
A trio of politically motivated murder stories will also keep you intrigued and glued to listen to this audiobook. Two of the cases involve hate crimes committed in the United States, while the other was the first major act of Islamic terrorism in the US. The three cases were also examples of organized crime, much like the murder of Australian biker Wayne Rodney Schneider. You may be shocked when you learn that the criminal investigation of Schneider's murder has uncovered suspects from two different continents, and that the actual crime took place on a third continent.
Unfortunately, many of the cases profiled in this audiobook involve innocent victims, such as nine-year-old Amber Lucius who was murdered by her own mother. Now that you have been warned, start listening to this audiobook and learn about 12 more high-profile true crime murder cases. You may be disturbed at times, but if you enjoy learning about forensic science and criminal investigation procedures, then this is the audiobook for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment