Monday, October 2, 2017

Undeniably You


Undeniably You

Written by: Jewel E. Ann
Narrated by: Tracy Marks
Length: 12 hrs and 14 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:04-12-16
Publisher: Jewel E Ann


The main issues I have with this story is all the filler used which makes it a little on the boring side. Less would have made this a better listen. There are a lot of places you can skip a lot and not have missed much.  It does have a good plot and some of the characters I enjoyed. There were parts of the book I enjoyed very much but others not so much.  I didn’t care for Sydney that much, she is just too young acting for her age. I really didn’t think she should end up with any of the guys.  How the pool guy came to be and how she found out he wasn’t who she thought he was just didn’t work for me. The vet was just too sweet of a guy and I thought he deserved better.

I really thought the narrator did a wonderful job. I really enjoyed her character voices, the emotion she gives each of them. There was no background noise and no volume changes. There was no repeating of words. I always knew who was talking and what they were feeling in each scene.  It was a very clean and clear audio that the narrator made enjoyable.  I thought her normal voice was just as pleasant as her character voices. It is a voice I could listen to for a long time.  If any breaks were taken I could not tell. It really was a pleasure listen to her work.

With so many scenes I felt could have been left out I just felt the story dragged on a little too much. Me I have always been one man at a time kind of person and really could not get into this. Others have loved it and I am sure many more will. I just thought some characters acted too young for their ages. We all can’t like the same or everything that we read. For me this just wasn’t more me, the author lost me shortly after the audio began and never got me back. Please give it a try you might really enjoy this.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Summary
One crazy dog - one awkward vet - one naked pool guy - and one life-changing month in California to make friends, fall in love, and twist fate.
Who gets paid to walk a dog and recline by the pool all day? Sydney Montgomery, aspiring museum curator and professional house-sitter, that's who.
When her aunt and uncle need a house and dog sitter for 30 days in Palo Alto, Sydney can't turn down the chance to be closer to her sister in L.A. Within 24 hours of her arrival, Sydney's cleaning up runny dog poo, taking an uncooperative pooch to a handsome yet awkward vet, and being rescued from the bottom of the pool by a naked "pool guy."
Lautner, "pool guy," has a hot body and a cool persona. With eyes of iridescent blue oceans, he is mesmerizing, sexy, and addictive. What he is not - the pool guy.
Dr. Lautner Sullivan is a college wide receiver turned pediatric resident. He knows how to woo a woman with flowers, pastries, and sweet tea. Lautner is every girl's dream, but Sydney is not every girl. She's immune to rainbows, fairytales, pixy dust, and the "L" word.
The attraction is immediate, the friendship is earned, and the love is undeniable. Thirty days is their forever, but forever is not long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment