Monday, October 9, 2017

His Trophy Wife


His Trophy Wife

Written by: Leigh Michaels
Narrated by: Paula Slade
Length: 5 hrs and 54 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:08-26-16
Publisher: Leigh Michaels



What do you do when your father has lost everything and you must sell on his death leaving you and your mother with no income, and no place to live? How about if you are a man who wants the better things in life that only a wife in high standing can give you. The answer to this question is to marry into money or position which both Morganna and Sloan do. One wants to make sure her mother is taken care of the other wants a position that only old money can give him. Do not be taken in by his smooth gentle charm he has a secret if it come out might harm his marriage.


Ms. Slade narration was very good she really put the emotion into the story without going overboard. Some of her character voices are close to others but for the most part you have no trouble knowing who is talking and what they are feeling.  There were no background noises if any breaks were taken I could not tell. It is a great clean, fun audio that I really enjoyed. Sloan comes off cool, at times cold and easy going. Not much really gets to him. Whereas Morganna tries her best be do the same she isn’t able to pull it off. The narrator has no trouble deploying these qualities to her listeners.  There was no repeating of words. It is a very clean, clear audio that is very enjoyable.

The author puts a few twists in that I didn’t see coming. I did work out who was doing it and the why but at times I was a little unsure. I loved the mother she is cool but sees more than anyone things.  I really liked this characters she is sneaky. Morganna I have mixed feeling about I liked her and her wit the way she comes back is great. She isn’t a snob but a very caring person. You know almost from the start that she didn’t marry for herself but her mother and that Sloan more or less blackmailed her into it. She didn’t really grab me and pull me in like some of the characters did. Sloan was a little too cool or cold for me. Nothing seems to get to him not even when things happen to his business he doesn’t get excited or loss his tempter. I just don’t know too many people who wouldn’t show some signs of what they are going through even in private. The fire marshal is very surprising he had me going for a little while. I really liked the plot and the characters just some more than others. I do not think the author really gave a good reason why the person did what they did to the business.  Where all that hate came from blew my mind.

It was a fun read that does pull you in at times it is funny and other times heartbreaking. Very clean and easy to follow.  I really enjoyed the touch of suspense and the danger the author puts into this story.The romance has a nice buildup very smooth and easy.   I did enjoy it and plan to listen to more of this author and narrators work.



Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Kobo

Goggle Play

Summary
When Morganna Ashworth's father died, leaving her his debts, Sloan Montgomery realized he could finally achieve his two lifelong ambitions: the acquisition of a socially acceptable wife, and revenge on the Ashworth family!
In return for him paying off the debts, Morganna became Mrs. Sloan Montgomery. But once they were wed, Sloan didn't bargain on falling deeply in love with his trophy wife! Especially considering all the secrets and lies between them....
©2001 Leigh Michaels (P)2016 Leigh Michaels


No comments:

Post a Comment