Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Tears of Glass


Tears of Glass

Written by: David Lake
Narrated by: Fred Filbrich
Length: 11 hrs and 27 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:01-06-17
Publisher: Edwards


I thought this was very interesting listen but very confusing at times. I really enjoyed the twists and turns that at times is rather shocking. There were a few times my mouth fell open and I thought oh my. I never really got a handle on this audio beside the high government wants Morgan dead because they thought he knows something he should not. I never worked out what was so important about the tape from what I could tell the only important it has is that Morgan loved it and it fit his feelings. I do use music myself to go with the mood I am in. Some songs tell my story or part of it and pull me in. I just thought playing each song all the way through gave it more important than it needed. I think part of each song would have been better. I did enjoy how the narrator pointed out things about Morgan or what he was doing throughout the music. Since I listened to this I wonder how the songs were dealt with in the book it’s self.

Mr. Filbrich did a really good job of narration, there was a little issue at the beginning where you could hear him swallow but over time that went away. He has improved in this area from other audios of his I have listened to. He has a very lovely voice that is very pleasant to listen to. I loved his British accent I thought it was wonderful. I thought the narrator bought the story to life but needs to work on giving more emotion to his characters. I found them to be a little flat at times not enough excitement when they are in danger or when they are working on their relationship. They just didn’t connect as a couple no passion. I just didn’t feel the excitement or rush from gets into a fight or near death. I thought his male and female voices were lovely. I had no trouble knowing who was talking. There are no background noises, no volume changes, if any breaks were taken I could not tell. Over all I thought he did a really good job and look forward to listening to more of his work.

When the author went into the science part of the bomb I was totally lost and went way over my head as things were pointed out which made it a little hard to understand and was confusing. At times I found my mind wondering. I am unsure if too much information was given or not enough. It was a good ending but confusing. I found the part about what the government has for defense very interesting. I am unsure of what happened to the bomb that were made since the whole book was built around it I would have liked more information at the end. It does seem that the author has set this up for a series since the ending was unclear. It will be interesting to see where he takes this story.

Bottom line I enjoyed it, I thought it was worth my time but was confusing. The twists are outstanding and some shocking. The surprises keep you on your toes. Not everything is as it seems. I do feel that some of the songs takes away from what the author really wanted us to see. For a debut story it was good.

This is on Kindle Unlimited for those that have that service.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Summary
A child of the sixties, desperately holding on to the dreams of that generation, the girl whole stole his heart, and the songwriter who touched his soul. These three are drawn together as they become reluctant fugitives, but from whom? The deaths of his friends, the gay cell of the CIA, 22 British scientists meeting with fatal accidents, the royal family's own Secret Service, a schizophrenic cockney knight, and whole countries being run by organized crime. This jigsaw eventually forms a frightening picture; but have the pieces been put together correctly?
This contemporary thriller is integrated with 14 songs - necessary to the full appreciation of the novel. The songs drive the narrative. Or is it the other way around?

No comments:

Post a Comment