Monday, June 26, 2017

Game Winning Catch


Game Winning Catch: Pass to Win, Book 5


Written by: Roxy Sinclaire
Narrated by: Aundrea Mitchell
Length: 4 hrs and 38 mins
Series: Pass to Win, Book 5
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:04-07-17
Publisher: Roxy Sinclaire


I am not even sure I should rate this audio because I did not finish it. The reasoning being that I had a hard time getting through the “she said, he said” every few words. My feelings are if you are doing character voices let the voice tell who is saying what. A few of these are find but as many times as it was being done in this audio is way, way to much. I did not finish the audio but I did read the story and found that much more enjoyable.

Ms. Mitchell does have a pleasant voice. Her character voices are great you always know who is talking and what they are feeling. She gives a lot of emotion to the audio hitting the tones right. The only problem I had was the he said she said so many times. It was so much it was hard for the narrator to go out of character voice to her normal voice in a smooth transition. From what I did listen to there was no background noise or any repeat of wording. The volume pretty much stayed the same throughout. It just wasn’t smooth maybe a pause is needed between the he said she said it was all blended together. My thoughts are it just isn’t needed since the voices shows who is talking. I really do not know what rating to give this so I am going with a 3 since the rest was good.

As far as the author she gives a compelling read of a second chance, secret baby that really pulls the reader in. The playboy side of Chris gets him in hot water with Natalie father who comes across as over powering along with over protective. But I think most of us would feel the same way if it was our daughter. Things ends so fast until you fast forward five years to a chance meeting and a little boy leaving Chris unsure of what to do. The author gives you a romance of ups and downs, confusion along with heartbreak. It was a fun reading about these characters and all they have to go through to find a happy ending.


Buy Links
Audio

Amazon

Summary
I don't play dirty, I play to win.
"The more innocent a girl looks, the wilder she is in bed...and that goes double for Natalie"
I went to see my childhood idol but instead I saw the girl I could never forget. People always say there's always one that got away, and for me that was Natalie. We spent one amazing summer together but then I never saw her again...until now.
"Good girls love bad boys always seemed like such a cliché saying to me."
From the moment I saw him on my doorstep I knew I was his, whether I wanted to be or not. Our time together was sinfully sweet but also short, as we both knew it had to come to an end. Only for me, it was just the beginning, as after Chris left I found out I was pregnant with his child.


No comments:

Post a Comment