Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Don't Call Me Victim


Don't Call Me Victim

Written by: Carrie Crist
Narrated by: Rick Gregory
Length: 39 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:04-03-17
Publisher: Carrie Crist 



This is short sweet with no fillers, some parts are left out but it is enough there for you to work it out for the most part. I guess this is one way for a victim to get justices. It is a mixture of the after effects and revisiting things as they happen.

Paul is so sure Terri is his girlfriend that he stalks her at work, home and everywhere in between. There are parts that are a little confusing which I can’t talk about but they work their selves out at the end. There are places you will think what, are you crazy and why are you doing that. Again this will work it’s self out. I had most of this worked out but the ending still took me by surprise.

Mr. Gregory I thought did a good job of narration. The parts where he read out of character he sounded a little robotic. When he gets into the characters he does put lot of emotion into the character. There is a little change in character voices but a lot of them are close to others. I had no trouble but for a few times working out who was talking. There are neither volume changes nor any background noises. If any breaks were taken I could not tell.  I have not listen to anything by this narrator and with a little work I think he could be a wonderful one. I do have to say he has a pleasant voice one that did pull me in and had me hook as to who what and why. He made it interesting when things didn’t make sense and I did enjoy it very much.

The plot is good, a little confusing but good. You should be able to work it out but you may want to pay attention or you will be lost. I think a little more information should have been given. I would have liked to have known if the police worked it all out and just what triggered Paul’s ending, we do know what happen to him but I am unsure as to they why. I did enjoy it very much, for a debut story it isn’t bad at all. If it was a little longer with more information as to why his ex left him along with the above questions this could be a wonderful heart stopping read. I enjoyed it, feel it is worth a 3.5 star rounding it up to 4 stars. The title I feel fits the story to a T, when things get bad it is time to get out (not sure how they got bad), I am pretty sure Paul was a nut case from the start. I am unsure what attracted her to him but my heart went out to both his ex and Terri. A good read that for the most part keeps you guessing.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Summary
The desperate Paul tirelessly stalks Terri, a beautiful young woman who Paul thinks is his ex-girlfriend Missy. Paul is soon found screaming incoherently in the streets, covered in blood while Terri is missing. The police then race against the clock to try and discover what the psychotic Paul has done with the object of his obsession. Or did she do something to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment