Monday, May 1, 2017

Aberrations


Aberrations

Written by: Penelope Przekop
Narrated by: Rebecca Roberts
Length: 9 hrs and 5 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:11-08-13
Publisher: Penelope Przekop


You know that saying what you do know wouldn’t hurt you that apply to this story. I think Angel is better off not knowing the truth. There are many secrets that go deep and back many years. For years it has torn one man and a family apart leaving them broken, filled with sorrow and so much pain. You think you know what is going on but the author throws some major twist on this that will break your heart as you watch Angel go through the steps of finding out what really happened to her mother.

Ms. Roberts’s narration as always is outstanding. She has a way that really pulls the listener in giving you an audio that keeps you hanging on the edge. Her natural voice is just as pleasant as her character voices. Her males are strong, bold and at times broken men that you love as you feel their pain. Her female voices are very natural from her very young to the very old. She puts so much passion and emotion into them you get lost in the story. There are neither background noises nor any volume changes. There is no repeat of words just a clear, clean and crisp audio. Ms. Roberts’s puts so much emotion into her audio’s you never have trouble knowing who is talking or what they are feeling. When their heart breaks yours breaks right along with it. This is a very emotion and powerful story that Ms. Roberts’s has no trouble pulling off.  If any breaks were taken I could not tell. This is one of my favorite narrators when I see her name I know I am in for a treat.

I have mixed emotions over this plot it was good, interesting and pulls you in. There is no doubt your heart will break as does Angel’s and her family. I thought the writing style was great, I can’t put my finger on it but something was just a little off for me. I felt so much pain for Angel’s father he gave his all but it just didn’t seem good enough. He was always there her first but when it was time for him to find his own life things didn’t go so well. I have mixed emotions for his girlfriend I just couldn’t get a handle on her. She went from wicked step mother to someone you could relate to but she was just so wishy washy. Angel at times comes off as a spoiled brat. There were characters I really liked and some not so much. I never really understood why her mother’s family felt the way they did. All in all it was a good read I did enjoy it but it just didn’t come together well for me. I think it is well worth a 4 star the author does pull you in giving you many twists and turns you won’t see coming. Give it a try I thought it was worth my time.

Buy links
Audible

Amazon

Summary
Twenty-one-year-old narcoleptic Angel Duet knows her father harbors secrets. He loves and protects her, but his suspicious refusal to discuss her mother's death drives Angel to worship an image created from the little history she does have: her father's sketchy stories and her mother's treasured photography, studies of clouds that have hung in the their foyer for more than 20 years.
When her father's girlfriend moves in, the photographs come down, and Angel's search for truth becomes an obsession. As she struggles to uncover the past and gain control over the narcolepsy that often fogs her world, Angel descends into a dizzying realm of drugs, adultery, and confused desire that further obscures reality.
As Angel begins to expose a history she could never have imagined, she discovers her entire life has been anchored around lies. Accepting the truth, once found, is the key to understanding herself, her family, and her life. To truly awaken, Angel must realize that sometimes the gifts we receive are not what we want - and only in time do we see their worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment