Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Historical Romance Collection


Historical Romance Collection

Written by: Kathleen Hope
Narrated by: Theresa Stephens
Length: 4 hrs and 31 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:03-17-17
Publisher: Kathleen Hope


A collection of stories about four sisters who want to marry military officers and what they have to go through to find one. I really enjoyed the first story the sister is more of a tomboy and wants a man to take her as she is not trying to change her. The other stories are good but I didn’t enjoy them as much as I did the first one. I think they were out of line and would have been better if each story follow the one after it. I got a little confused book 3 I think should have been in the place of book 2 as things happened is one that you were sure took place right after the first book.

Ms. Stephens narration was good there were a few places I didn’t like her character voice but all in all she did a good job. Was not any background noise or any change in volume throughout the audio. She has good tones and pitch for the most part with wonderful emotions that shows throughout the listen. There are no repeats of words or wording, if any breaks were taken I could not tell. Her male voices were just as nice as her female ones which she puts lots of emotion in. I would really enjoy listening to more of her work to get more of a feel of her. I thought her performance was very good and has no trouble carrying out what the story calls for.

I thought only wanting a military officer was a little much but believable. After the first story the rest pretty much followed the same guide lines. Not much of a surprised. I did get a little confused one sister liked dresses but in the next book she wanted to wear pants. It was an enjoyable read but for me after the second story it just all blend together with the others.

Buy Links

Audible

Amazon

Summary
Four historical romance short stories
Story One: "Place of Thunder"
Story Two: "Sky of Wind"
Story Three: "River of Stone"
Story Four: "Field of Rain"
Happy ever after ending in every story!

No comments:

Post a Comment