Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Mormon Marshal


The Mormon Marshal

Written by: Jack R. Stanley
Narrated by: Ben Tyler
Length: 2 hrs and 47 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:11-28-16
Publisher: Jack R. Stanley 




This was a highly entertaining read from the first page to the last base on western life and one man’s faith how he will bring justice and stay true to it. I really love everything about this story it is full of excitement, adventure, danger, justice as well as compassion.

Mr. Tyler’s does an outstanding job making this audio very realistic with voices and tones that fit the part of the Wild West.  There are no repeats of wording, no changing of volume and no background noise just a smooth clear and clean listen that really pulls you in. His males voices are just as wonderful as his females one. You always know who is talking and what emotion they are feeling. You can really hear the laughter, sorrow in his voice making this more of a movie that really pulls you in. He has a voice that I had no trouble listening to and fit the character. I was so pulled into this story I didn’t want it to end. The narrator puts true emotion into this audio giving you a very entertaining listen. I had no trouble picturing the scenes as they unfolded, I almost felt like I was there seeing it live.  I have not listened to anything by this narrator. I am really looking forward to checking out more of his work.

The author puts a lot into small time frame with no fillers just fact that gives the readers everything they need to know. I never felt anything was missing or lost every word gave meaning to a delightful story. You are given such vivid details you have no trouble picturing the scenes the author as put together. The only thing I could complain about is it wasn’t long enough. I really got into this story and loved the characters. From my understanding of the Mormon faith the author was true to it, giving the reader a little more understanding. There were times I held my breath thinking this can’t be good as my heart started beating double time. I really was taken back in time being held on the edge of my seat waiting to see just how justice would be found. I haven’t read anything by this author and found him to be a delightful. I love his writing style. He has a way of pulling the read in from the first page until the end. I am really looking forward to reading more of his work from this very talent author.


Buy Links
Audible
 
Amazon

Summary
Joshua Guymon is a small town sheriff in the mostly Mormon Star Valley of Wyoming Territory. This is back in the days when to be Mormon was to be an outsider in the American West. His younger prodigal brother seems to have settled down from his wild ways and married. Joshua goes to meet his brother's bride and see how the newlyweds are doing on a ranch in the southern part of the territory. But trouble has a way of finding Joshua, from a crooked gambler to a highwayman to an escaped prison killer. What starts out as a social visit to his brother becomes a western adventure and a decision between his faith and being a US deputy marshal.

No comments:

Post a Comment