Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Honorable Mr. Darcy:



The Honorable Mr. Darcy: A Meryton Mystery, Book 1

Written by: Jennifer Joy
Narrated by: Nancy Peterson
Length: 8 hrs and 37 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:12-12-16
Publisher: Jennifer Ramirez

The book was a good story of misunderstandings leading to major issues.  It was a heartwarming romance but I really didn’t see a lot of mystery. I have never read Pride & Prejudice and most likely never will it is just not something that interests me which I believe this story is based on or around. It has a good plot but it is drawn out a little too much for me and I found my mind wondering having to really think about what I just listened to as to make sure I got the full impact. I have read others in this time period that really pulled me in with a lot of action, mystery etc this one just didn’t do it. I did like how Darcy protects Elizabeth even though he wanted her for his self but wanted it to be a match she wants not one she is forced into. All in all it was an okay read I give it a 3.5 bring it up to a 4. Some area where just too long to really grab and keep my attention.

Ms. Peterson did a wonderful job on narration her tones were smooth and her voice is very rich. I really like her character voices both male and female were full of emotion you always know what the other is feeling. You are never left guessing who as to who is saying what, it was very easy to tell who each character was. She got the bratty sister down so well that she got on my nerves which I am sure was what she was suppose to do. If any breaks were taken you could not tell, the volume stayed even throughout the whole audio. This was a very rich, clean and clean audio with a much enjoyable voice that does not get tiring to listen to. There isn’t any background noise it was a very clear audio from start to finish. Ms. Peterson has a very easy voice to listen to. I haven’t listened to anything by her and look forward to listening to more of her work.

The author gives you a few twist and turns to make the story more interesting. Darcy is accused of shooting Mr. Wickham. There is only one person who can prove he wasn’t anywhere near that tent at that hour but to do so they would have to get married. The author tells a story of what to do, tell or not tell. The story is based on trust, honor and misunderstanding.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

Summary

Everyone has a secret. Who will kill to keep theirs?

Lieutenant George Wickham is dead.

The shot rings out in Wickham's tent as the good citizens of Meryton dance the night away at Mr. Bingley's Netherfield ball. The only person who can confirm Fitzwilliam Darcy's alibi faces the loss of her reputation and her freedom if she comes forward.

Convinced that her sole motive is the pursuit of justice— and not her growing attraction to Mr. Darcy— Elizabeth Bennet begins an investigation to clear his name and evade an unwanted marriage.

If Darcy didn’t shoot Wickham in cold blood, who did? Which of Longbourn’s neighbors is not who they seem?

With a killer on the loose, can Elizabeth avoid being the next victim as she comes closer to revealing the truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment