Tuesday, January 17, 2017

The Cynical Sheikh


The Cynical Sheikh (Ultimate Billionaires Book 1)
by Barbara McMahon


What I loved about this story is, you know from reading the summary what is going to happen but you are still hooked and surprised when and how it happens.  I didn’t really want to like Sheikh Taliq but you can’t help it. He is doing what he needs to for his family. Yuusef doesn’t have a very good track record when it comes to women. He has picked the wrong ones before so you can’t blame their grandfather or Tal for running to stop a disaster before it happens.  Family always comes first with this family and they will do what needs to be done to protect one of their own. You see the scenes play out before your eyes as your heart really breaks for Laura. Tal really led Laura through the answers she give almost setting her up and seeing them as he wanted not as what they really are. I myself would have answer the same way and I sure am not a gold digger..lol  I was surprised at how fast Tal thought he would be able to clean this mess up be in and out in no time. As we all know things never go as planned which Tal soon finds out.

The dates Tal took Laura had me sighing they were lovely, he really was very romantic. Before long I was falling at his feet just as Laura was. I about fell out of my chair when it all came out, how Tal acted really broke my heart just as I was falling in love with him. Laura really had me on her side the whole way through pulling for her. I love her strength even when her world was falling apart she stood strong never letting Tal see how much she was hurt. Jenn is a true friend she really stood besides her taking Tal on giving him a piece of her mind.  Yuusef is not the little boy the family believes him to be he has really grown up giving back all that Tal and his grandfather dishes out. He stands his ground making demands of his own.

Tal has a lot to learn and Laura shows him he isn’t as smart as he thinks. I do have to say once he started back paddling trying to climb out of his hole he was back on my good side. I really loved how this played out even knowing going into this story the just of it the author pulls you in from the first page giving you a book you didn’t want to put down. I did stay up late and finally had to make myself go to bed. The author gives you romance at its finest giving delightful dates, I loved how Tal talked around the questions asked what we the reader knew he meant but poor Laura didn’t. The pull between these two is powerful from the start. Tal knows from the start he will have to walk away and that nothing good is going to come from this. He still wished it could be different he really likes her and enjoys her company. I loved watching him try to swim out of the ocean of trouble he made for his self. This was truly a very well written story that pulls the reader in. I loved the characters they really enriched the read for me giving me a highly entertaining story I could not put down. You are so going to love the twist and turns, the way the plot thickens, the pull and tug on your heart. Anyone looking for a sweet romance that really pulls you in is going to love this.

Buy Links
Amazon

B&N

Google Play

iTunes

Kobo

Summary
Love at first sight
Laura has never believed in the adage of love at first sight, though her friend is an absolute believer. Yet when she meets a dashing, tall, dark and handsome man at a charity event, she falls head over heels. She’s swept away with fabulous dates from a hot air balloon ride to a fantastic weekend away. Could this be forever love?

Family first at all costs
When Sheikh Taliq discovers his younger cousin is involved again with another gold digger, he makes plans to lure the woman away from his cousin, lavish her with attention–and trinkets–until she chooses him as a wealthy prospect. Then he will repudiate her–showing his cousin her true colors.

Tangled web
To Taliq’s utter astonishment, his cousin announces his engagement to another women. What of Laura? Has he been totally mistaken about her? Has he lost any chance with a woman he was growing to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment