Saturday, December 31, 2016

Once a Bridesmaid: Always a Bridesmaid


Once a Bridesmaid: Always a Bridesmaid, Book 2

Written by: Courtney Hunt
Narrated by: Elizabeth Klett
Length: 4 hrs and 31 mins
Series: Always a Bridesmaid (Hunt), Book 2
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:07-27-16
Publisher: Courtney Hunt

I thought this was a very cute read, it wasn’t as good as the first one but was a great listen.  It was hard for me to identify with Lauren and her easy ways of hook ups, one nightstands never a second night. For her to feel so much against relationships her parents much have been something else. The author does talk about this but I still cannot get a handle on it. All couples fight, pick, and snap at times. I wish the author could have made me seen this more clearly. This is very much a story of overcoming your past, starting over and learning how to love and what love is when you had no one show you.

Ms. Klett did a great job of narration there was one place where she repeated a few words so I am thinking this is where she took a break. Besides that if any breaks were taken I could not tell. She really showed me how Kyle really felt about the whole hook up thing. Her character voices are wonderful she has the accent down right and really pulls you into the story. I did not hear any background noise or any place where the volume was higher or lower than any other place in the book. She really gets into the emotion giving such power to the characters feelings. The audio was clear and clean giving you a wonderful listen. Her male and female voices were a delight to listen to. You have no trouble knowing what each one is feeling or their emotions. I really feel she did a wonderful job I really enjoyed it.

Kyle my heart really went out to him I am not sure if he was looking for a relationship when he fell into it. He fell fast and hard trying to keep it light but having a hard time of it. He was a very likeable character that any women would love. Lauren didn’t give me enough information to make me feel for her. I would have liked to have seen her and her parents at least try to work out their relationship so maybe she could have understood them a little better. I wasn’t raised with the best family but still I have no trouble having a relationship. I am not one that gets close to many, I like being married and all that goes with the relationship. It was just hard for me to really understand her. I would have liked to have seen how things worked out for them a little farther out past the 3 month mark more along a few years.

It was nice to get to catch up with the characters in the other book and see how their relationship is going. I missed seeing the brother he added so much to the last story.  I wouldn’t say this was a book I had trouble putting down but it was a good read. The narrator really adds a lot to the audio. I am looking forward to the next book not sure where that new person will come from when it was just the two girls. It should be interesting to see where the author is going to take this. It is worth your time to give it a listen I feel more would enjoy it.


Go visit at www.Courtney-Hunt.com and sign up for her email newsletter.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N

Summary
Happily ever after is not in her plans...
Always a bridesmaid...
And that's exactly how professional bridesmaid Lauren Bennett wants it. All she'll allow herself to indulge in is a quick occasional fling or a one night stand. She won't risk falling for someone and ending up trapped in a loveless marriage like her parents. She knows all too well that love and marriage equal misery and she never wants to live like that.
Never the groom...
But photographer Kyle Rawlings would like to be! At 30 years old, he's done playing the field and wants to settle down with the right woman. When mistaken identity drops Lauren into his lap -and his bed- he thinks fate has finally granted his wish. He just didn't realize it would take a force of nature to convince his stubborn professional bridesmaid that two people can be more than lovers.
But Kyle is nothing if not patient, and he's going to use every means possible to show Lauren just how wonderful love can be. In this battle of wills...who will win?

No comments:

Post a Comment