Sunday, November 13, 2016

Her Wicked Heart


Her Wicked Heart: The Cunningham Family, Book 3

Written by: Ember Casey
Narrated by: Sarah Beth Goer
Length: 7 hrs and 30 mins
Series: The Cunningham Family, Book 3
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:07-27-15
Publisher: Ember Casey


This is the second book of this series I have listened to, I still felt a little lost and still believe you need to listen from the first book to get the full understanding. I thought the book was good with a good plot. This didn’t have as many hot sex scenes as the next book in the series. It does have some surprises for a lot of people.
Ms. Goer as the narrator did a wonderful job. Her male characters were wonderful as well as her female ones. She puts a lot of emotion into the listen and gets better with each new audio of hers I listen to.  I did not hear any background noise nor any place where the volume is higher or lower than the last. She has a smooth clear voice with lots of passion in it. You had not trouble knowing who was talking whether it was male or female each are clear, and clean voices. You were never left guessing what each character felt. There was no background noise just a clear pleasant listen. If any breaks where taken you could not tell. I look forward to listening to more from this narrator.

Some of the characters I really like other not so much. Lou is so wishy washer she knows what she wants but doesn’t.  She thinks maybe she should go back to the guy she left but then decides not. She uses sex to get her through the tough times which has put her in the mess she is in. I do have to give her credit she is trying to change.  She isn’t doing so badly for having lost everything she had but still needs to grow up a lot. I understand why she went back for closure I am unsure if she ever got it. Ian is something else you are left wondering how he still has a job after all he does. My heart really went out to him over the course of the book as his story unfolds. I couldn’t feel sorry for Lou I didn’t like her from the start but I did like her a little at the end. I am still unsure how she got away with some of the things she did. She runs to hot and cold for my liking

This is a story full of drama secrets that when they do come out will leave a lot of pain.  This was an enjoyable read I did find a few things I really liked about the book.  Most of the men in this story are just not the smartest things. I do not know why Ward hung on so long he had to have known she was using him.  Ian for me was the best part of this story  he stood up for his self telling the whole word what they could kiss not caring what anyone thought.  If you like drama wishy washy women who uses men than this is the story for you.

Buy Links
Audible

Amazon

B&N


Summary

Lou just needs someone to take her away. It doesn't matter if she knows his name. Or if he knows hers.
Actually, it's better if he doesn't know hers.
At least, that's what she tells herself when she's sticking her tongue down the throat of the sexy handyman she just met at her new job.
Her father's dead. Her family's fortune is gone. And - oh yeah - she's assumed a false identity so she could get a position at Huntington Manor, the luxury tourist attraction that was once her family's estate. Nobody here knows that she's Louisa Cunningham, former heiress and current complicated head case. To them she's just Addison Thomas, assistant to the hotel's general manager.
Well, except to handyman Ward Brannon. To him, she's the strange, but intoxicating, new girl who tried to have sex with him without even knowing his name.
Ward is everything Lou knows she should stay away from. He's a playboy. He's constantly getting in fights. And he resents her family for reasons she doesn't understand. But, in spite of herself, she can't stay away from him, even when that puts her secret at risk. Even when it becomes increasingly clear that he harbors a few secrets of his own.



No comments:

Post a Comment