Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Killer Net


The Killer Net


Written by: Matthew W. Grant
Narrated by: Jeannie Lin
Length: 4 hrs and 7 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:04-16-15
Publisher: Granite Gate Media



My Review
This starts out with a bang and ended with one that is full of excitement, it is a pretty fast pace suspenseful listen leaving you guessing at the victim and who the killer is. There were times I held my breath thinking just maybe it would work out. Who the killer was did cross my mind once but I thought no that can’t be him. There were times I thought how dumb can a victim be only to find out at times they aren’t too smart but you are let wondering if it was you would you have done the same things at times like this no one things to clear. There were times the killer made me chuckle I know that isn’t how it is suppose to me but I found his action at times a little on the humor side. There were also times when I felt so low and bad for the victim I just wanted to jump into the book and get them out. The cover of this book fits it so well you can see the face of the victim in the knife you find as you listen you are picturing the same thing. You will find thrills, chills, horror, suspense.fear and pain here as a mad man teases the cops leaving them at a lost on how to stop him and one woman who tries to outwit him at every turn that is until he has her in his sites.

I totally LOVED Ms. Lin as the narrator she really brought this story to life for me pulling me in leaving me hanging to the edge of my seat waiting to see what else the author came up with. I really loved her many different character voices they were delivered with clean, clear tones that really put the fear into the victim and those listening. She put the correct emotion into each scene when the victim screamed so did she giving it the feel of a movie coming to life before your eyes. If any breaks were taken you could not tell, there were no places where the volume was higher or lower than any other place in the book. I found no background noises or sounds just a clean crisp listen. Her male voices where as pleasing as her female ones. The males are very strong, sexy, delightful and at times very scary. Her females were soft, at times sexy, strong and fearful. There was nothing I didn’t like about her narration she did a wonderful great job pulling the reader in giving a very vivid listen that will stay with you for awhile. I am so looking forward to listening to more of her work in the near future.

This is one author that knows how to keep you in suspense as he takes you through the twists and turns giving you a compelling listen. I really felt sorry for Jennifer wanting a dream job that she is so close to yet so far away. Some of her choices were not always wise but I feel if we were in her shoes we would have went the same way. I know I got weird looks as I shopped when I would whisper no, no run, run or yes, yes do that again or OH NO this can’t be good. I loved the poems they were just so natural and so like a killer would do. I started feeling like the police did, lost and totally looking like a fool. The author gives a very detailed story that you have no trouble picturing in your mind. It isn’t too graphic but you are in no doubt what happen. There were times I was cheering for the victim when they got the upper hand and times I got very upset with the killer for the things he did. This is a story that could be pulled out of today’s headlines. It is very believable. It is one that will really sink in and not let you go. I found it to be very suspenseful, fast pace thrilling and exciting that kept me on the edge. You are going to love the twists and turns as the author takes you through each scene leaving you breathless and your heart racing.

 It is a race against the clock as the killer counts down to number one….leaving us guessing who that might be. Will they find the killer before time runs out and they lose someone they dearly love or know? I highly recommend this to anyone who likes thrills, suspense and serial killers you will find this to be a wonderful listen. From the author to the narrator it is a wonderful exciting listen. I enjoyed this so much I picked it as one of my favorite listens.


Buy Links
Audio
http://www.audible.com/pd/Mysteries-Thrillers/The-Killer-Net-Audiobook/B00W688Z1K

Amazon

B&N

Summary

Ten little girls sat at their computers
Wondering who they'd find on line
One entered a chat room with a killer
And then there were nine. . .
On the eve of the new millennium, thousands of people logged on to the Internet for the first time every day. Some were looking for love. Some were looking for victims.
In The Killer Net, courageous police department secretary, Jennifer Warren, matches wits against a computer genius who lures women in under the pretense of looking for a relationship. He boldly taunts the police with e-mail poems about their murders sent from the crime scenes. The cops continue to arrive only to discover another dead body and no way to find a killer who has disappeared without a trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment