Thursday, October 13, 2016

Searching for My Rogue

Searching for My Rogue: Linked Across Time, Book 2
Written by: Dawn Brower
Narrated by: Stevie Zimmerman
Length: 3 hrs and 42 mins
Series: Linked Across Time, Book 2
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:09-16-16
Publisher: DawnBrower



My Review
This was short and sweet story of one lady who went to her sister’s wedding got a headache and travel back in time. The story was pretty well written with a very interesting plot. Between the narrator and the author it does keep you entertained.

Ms. Zimmerman did a really good job of narration with really making you feel each characters emotion. There were times when I thought her accent was to British for ones that were not of that decent. I heard No background sounds. There were no places at the beginning of a chapter that was higher or lower than the one before. If any breaks were taken you could not tell. Her male voices were as good as her female. You had no trouble knowing who was talking or what they were feeling. I really got a kick out of some of her scenes, a few had me chuckling the way she brought them to life. I have not listened to anything by this narrator but found her voice to be very pleasant and easy to understand. I look forward to listening to more of her work.

Close your eyes imagine that you have gone back a few hundred or thousand years to a time when women didn’t have much to say in the way of the world. A time when men didn’t have to explain their selves now imagine a man taking over your life you have to make him believe you are from the future with the things you have on you. Once said man starts believing this he decides he know what is best for you and sets aside making plans for your life without asking you. How well would take this? I would say about as well as Alys did. Head start rolling and people start back peddling as tempers get hot leaving one man trying to guess what in the world he could have done wrong.

I found this to be a sweet pretty clean read. I loved how Alys stood up for herself and her career. She gave me lots of smiles as she puts James in his place.

I enjoyed the characters and some of their witty ways along with the twists the author gave the plot. I did think at times it was a little confusing and had to back it up to re-listen. I would have loved to have seen if her family came to understand what happen to her. That is about all I can say about that without giving the plot away. I found it to be entertaining and at time I had a hard time putting it down. It is a very short read and great for a listen why on a road trip.

Buy Links
Audible

http://www.audible.com/pd/Romance/Searching-for-My-Rogue-Audiobook/B01M0R6IBZ

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Searching-My-Rogue-Linked-Across/dp/B01LZG9GAH/ref=cm_rdp_product

Summary
Alys Dewitt's sister is getting married. Luckily for her she gets to be the maid of honor in a Regency themed wedding at an actual ducal estate in England. While attending the wedding, she falls through a time hole and wakes up in 1815. Everything is strange, wondrous, not at all as she expected it to be.
James Kendall, the Duke of Weston, returns from war to find an injured woman on his estate. She mumbles strange phrases and keeps calling him by another name. Thinking her a bit mad from her wounds, he takes her to the manor and calls for a doctor.
Will they give into their mutual desires, or will Alys find a way back to her own time?

No comments:

Post a Comment