Saturday, October 29, 2016

Daisy Does It All


Daisy Does It All: Clover Park, Book 2

Written by: Kylie Gilmore
Narrated by: Charles Lawrence
Length: 7 hrs and 21 mins
Series: Clover Park, Book 2
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:07-14-16
Publisher: Extra Fancy Books

My Review

I really understood where Daisy comes from with her fantasy blog what I had trouble understanding was how she thought she would get away with what she did and the whole family and friends going along with it. Too many people in town know her it would have come out sooner or later. So for me this was a little over the top but it sure made for a good listen even if I didn’t find it believable lol. I really enjoyed this from the narration to the plot I enjoyed the humor the bickering between Daisy and Travis. This story takes off where book 1 stops. Daisy is having a hard time being a single mother she starts a blog on being a new mother with it getting out of control telling how wonderful being a mother and wife is. What a wonderful baby and husband she has. When it grabs so much attention a talk show wants to come interview her. Before she knows what she has done she has agreed wow she has really messed up and goes back and forwards whether she should go it or not. It doesn’t take long for things to get out of control first one things and then another happens. You will not believe all the bad luck one women can have as the author puts a few twists in the way spinning story of humor and mayhem.

The narration of Mr. Lawrence is outstanding as he brings the characters to life for me with his many wonderful character voices. I could really feel the frustration in Daisy as she comes to terms on her life what she wants, needs and desires along with a few home truths. Travis you can really feel what he is going through as he supports Daisy but uses a little blackmail to get what he wants. I really enjoyed all his characters voices. I am amazed that he knew which voice went to which character from book 1. His male voices are just as great as his female ones. He has the right tone for each emotion that you can really feel what each character is going through. I did not hear any background noise if any breaks were taken you could not tell. There was not anywhere the volume was higher or lower than the chapters before what he deliverers is a clear, clean audio that you really get into. Between him and the author they had me laughing out loud a few times. This is one narrator that can pull me in giving me a very highly entertaining listen that keeps me invested in the characters. I can’t wait to listen to more from this narrator I hope you will take the time to check out his work.

I did enjoy this I thought it was a little much but truly made a delightful story. It wasn’t long before I was taken in with the humor as the author takes you through each road block that comes their way. The throws a few surprises in. Not everything is coming up roses for this couple as it looks like the I do’s will be coming soon the author throws a twist that brings much pain. The past comes back to haunt Daisy in the worst way at the worse time. Not everyone here is likable there are a few you would like to harm, give them a piece of your mind as you drag them from the book to give them a taste of reality. I really loved seeing the past characters. That grandmother is up to her old tricks keeping you on your toes with her many over the top ways. You are so going to love this lady as you find what she keeps in her kitchen as well as around her home. I know I had my mouth fall open a few times as I laughed my way through shaking my head. My heart really went out to Daisy as I look back and remember my time of being a new mother. The author sure hits the emotions right on the head with the feelings of not being good enough, being too tired, the scream and so much more. The reason for the 4.5 stars is I can’t buy into Daisy really going through with the interview. The blog fantasy yes I can believe that but the rest no. It does make a very good listen and very entertaining with an audio I could not put down. Nothing wrong with a little fantasy. I hope you enjoyed this as much as I have I can’t wait to see what the next book in this series is all about.


Buy Links
Audible

Amazon


B&N

Kobo

Summary

Reality is overrated.
Exhausted single mom Daisy Garner is shocked when her blog about life with Darling Husband and Baby Delight in their charming Victorian home brings a national talk show to her door.
Amazing! Except she made the whole thing up.
Panic! Now she needs to borrow a Victorian house and find a man to play her fake husband on TV.
Travis O'Hare steps up for the role, as long as she'll marry him for real. He wants their son to have the stable home life Travis never had.
But before the wedding can happen, Travis and Daisy have to get through the interview with a ratings hungry host and a slick producer with ties to Daisy's troubled past. When a winter storm traps them all, it begs the question: can two people pretending at love finally discover the real thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment