Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Mail Order Bride - A Bride for Matthew


Mail Order Bride - A Bride for Matthew: Sun River Brides, Book 5


Written by: Karla Gracey
Narrated by: Alan Taylor
Length: 1 hr and 26 mins
Series: Sun River Brides, Book 5
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:08-25-16
Publisher: Karla Gracey Books


My Review
I really enjoyed this story it is short and sweet but it pack a lot into it. I would have liked to have seen them get to know each. The author does show some of this but most is done behind the scenes. I love the Circus part, the animals and how Emily bought her beloved animal into the story. The love of animals shows very much. I totally enjoyed the stories about the animals and all they could do. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the tricks. It was a very enjoyable read from start to finish.

Mr. Taylor’s narration was wonderful he really brought the characters to life. His male voices were just as pleasant as his females were.  There was not any background noise, or any places where the volume was higher or lower at the start of a chapter. If any breaks were taken you could not tell.  You can hear and feel the emotion of each character as they go through the trying times of Emily’s accident to her healing. Her mother’s pain of watching over her and learning to let go. I thought the narrator has a very smooth voice you have no trouble listening to for hours. He character voices are very pleasant you have no trouble knowing who is talking and what they are feeling. You can feel the excitement of a young boy learning and the heart stopping emotion of a father letting his son learn. It was just a pleasure listening to this narrator. I look forward to listening to more of his work.

The author gives you wonderful characters with a plot you can’t put down. I thought this was well written giving meaning to starting over not knowing if you will walk again and those that love you not wanting to let go. I loved how the mother explained her part and her feelings. I really enjoyed how Emily took a hold of her life in a new place as she tries to heal. I had to laugh as she teaches Matthew’s young son and watching their closeness build.  Matthew is a dear sweet man not looking for love just someone to help raise his son. I think he was very surprised to find there was love after death.  With the story being so short there isn’t much more I can say. I loved this from start to finish leaving me with smiles and laugh time after time through some very trying and heart breaking times. The audio was a good as the book. I do hope you will give this audio a try I think you will really enjoy it.

Buy Links


B&N 
 


Summary

Emily Wilkins has led a glamorous life, part of a famous Circus family she has her own Act and a loving family. But a dramatic accident in the Ring means she has to face up to the fact that she never felt she fitted in. With her faithful donkey Claude she sets out for Montana to heal and find herself, but she gets much more than she ever bargained for.
Widower Matthew Simmons wants something more than he always has had. As a boy he longed to run away with the Circus, but now he is taking the biggest gamble of his life. It could be the best thing to ever happen to him, or could it ruin his life, and that of his beloved son.

No comments:

Post a Comment