Thursday, August 18, 2016

Secret Crush



Secret Crush
by Victoria Pinder

My Review
 I really enjoyed this it was a very interesting read. The author gives you very interesting characters with a good plot. There are a lot of twists and turns some you won’t see coming. John is with the FBI he has made it his life work to bring his father and his friends down. He wants revenge for his sister’s death that he is sure his father had something to do with.  On returning home for his father’s funeral he gets a few shocks one being the little girl he knew years ago is all grown up and a knock out. Alice was best friends with John’s sister for Alice losing Vicki was hard. She feels she owe it to Vicki memory to support their family in their hour of need. She has always had a crush on John seeing him again really knock her for a loop when she sees him again. As they talk they find danger all around them. Not knowing who to trust he takes her home with him to keep her safe with shot brake out. Things get very hot and heavy between them.

Alice’s mother is a true nut case flipping from one thing to another. I wouldn’t want to live with her either. I really like John I thought he moved way to fast but it did make it a cute and at time funny read. I never really understood John’s brother he comes off as a bad guy but then is likable. There are big surprises about his sister’s death with a lot of unanswered questions which I am sure will be answered in book 2. Alice is very likable she is a little on the innocent side. This could turn out to be a wonderful series with lots of secrets to uncover.

I really liked the characters and I loved the danger. I did have some issues with some of the story that I just found to be unbelievable. A heel is broken off a shoe but her heels click together when she is upset. I am taking it as she was wearing her heels but if one broke off how could she? Then the author might have meant they were heels of her feet. If her mouth was taped shut how could she talk without it being removed? I do not want to give the story away so I will say there were a few other issues like this that makes me give this a lower star.

All in all it was a good read with a great plot that could turn into a wonderful series. I can see a lot of people enjoying this. Besides the issue I had I thought it the style of writing was great.

Buy Link



Summary
Billionaire's second son John Morgan comes home to his father's funeral. He joined the FBI to prove his father caused his sister’s death, but now he needs to find out who he is and what’s left of his family that he can trust.

Alice Collins grew up on a farm, but she was best friends with Victoria Morgan before she died. She decides to go to the Morgan family's funeral to pay her respects.

Surprises ensue as they usually do for the Morgans at the funeral. Alice gets caught in the cross fire of family drama and intrigue and it’s John’s duty to protect her. While they reconnect, feelings surface. But can a farm girl truly ever capture the heart of a billionaire? Could their love be real? Or is this all just a fantasy while she’s involved with one Morgan plot after another?

No comments:

Post a Comment