Thursday, July 7, 2016

Broken Memphis


Broken Memphis: Little Memphis MC, Book 2


Written by: Bijou Hunter
Narrated by: Meghan Kelly
Length: 7 hrs and 15 mins
Series: Little Memphis MC, Book 2
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:05-18-16
Publisher: Bijou Hunter


My Review
This is a little different read than I thought it would be I do have to admit it was really funny in places. When she was spelling I was like Pax to dump to know what she just spelled. Well maybe not that bad but some I really had to think about a few before I know what she was saying. One word at a time isn’t bad but damn that lady can spell a whole sentence which makes you really have to work on it. lol. What I really loved was Pax and his humor along with his nasty mouth that really needs washed out with soap. I have to admit he made the story leaving the listener wondering what new things he would come up with. Bebe also added a lot to this story even with her drama she kept you smiling.

Meghan Kelly I thought did a great job the only trouble I had is when she would get louder and softer as she was narrating. At first I thought the high low was when she took a break but after I listened for a while I feel she did this when the person was in thought to show the difference which was not needed. For me it sounded like she was talking with her hand in a circle over her mouth or almost in a barrel. For me this took away from the audio. I did love her character voices, their tones, emotions along with how they expressed their selves. I had no other issues but the talking in the barrel sound the rest was done with the utmost professional voice you come to love from the best narrators.  There was not any background noise, her voice is very clear, you have no trouble knowing who is talking or what their emotions are. Her female voices are a nice as her male voices giving you pretty much a clear clean listen. I have listened to one other audio of this narrator she has come far and does not sound robotic anymore. I thought it was a great narration I love her little girl voices they really draw you in. It was really a good audio with a few bumps that I feel sure will get better as the narrator takes on more audios. She has come so far from the last one I listened to, I feel sure she will go far giving us many hours of pleasure listening to her lovely voice.

I really cannot get over the spelling and still am laughing.  I found this book to be serious with serious issues. I cannot say this is your normal family at least I hope this is not the norm for most of us. I do feel sure there are some out there that can really relate more so than I and live something very close to what this author has written. The author shows the true meaning of love and what it truly means along with the jealously of one brother who does not understand what the other one is doing. It doesn’t take Pax long to come to understand all that he has missed. Pax was very entertaining giving this story life, excitement, thrills and even a few chills. As the book takes off you get to know Pax more deeper and find he has fears, lost, sorrow and pain just like everyone else. He might be a big strong man that can scare anyone with a look but it was nice to see he had the same fears. This made him more down to earth and likeable. Once you get over the roughness of this character you really just fall head over heels for him.

Bebe it took me a little while before I really liked her she was so childlike complaining and too much drama. I have to admit she grows on your along with all the characters. She might have gotten off to a bad start with her childhood but she sure makes an outstanding mother. She took life as it cane wasn’t demanding, putting her child first giving her the best life she could.

I love the ending how the author goes through the kids making them all important no matter what they were like or just how smart we thought they might be. Each person has something wonderful, great and outstanding about them. The author showed this making the read understand why making us laugh with the humor. This was a very entertaining listen that I didn’t want to put down in fact I didn’t always put it down as I should have. I decided to bake so I could listen a little longer. The author put a lot of thought into this story giving it just the correct amount of pull and tug to keep the reader hooked. There are some wonderful heated scenes full of passion but never forgetting there is a child they must look after and listen out for. Pax really needs to get his S H I T together or he is going to lose the best thing he has ever had. Whether you read or listen this is a book that will grab you, hold your attention, make your heart race why keeping you smiling. There are a lot of curse words said and spelled out lol that really adds to the story. Even if you do not like this kind or wording I do feel you will enjoy the read.


Buy Links


Summary
Pax Reed figures navigating the bloody civil war in Little Memphis is tricky enough. Life gets even more complicated when he meets Bebe.

Bebe Green craves a danger-free life, yet club enforcer Pax proves to be too damn tempting. The seductive stud makes her laugh while his touch creates a glorious hunger in her.

Broken Memphis is the second and final book in the Little Memphis MC series

No comments:

Post a Comment