Sunday, February 7, 2016

You're Still the One


You're Still the One (Country Blues #1)
by Rachel Harris


My Review
This was a good sweet read nothing earth shattering and is predictable. I thought it was well written with great characters that are really likable. Charlie was sweet, single who can look down on him for having one nightstands. It is true he isn’t as bad and the news makes him but isn’t that the case with most singers. Stardom hasn’t gone to his head and his ego isn’t so great he can’t fit through the door. In no way is he innocent but a likable man. Arabella does what is expected of her but I do not think she is as innocent as the author makes her. Things just do not add up all the way for me.

I do love the fact that Charlie is a family man his sisters and their family mean the world to him. When one has a problem he does all he can to make it right. I did think he over did the long term relationship, what happen to him was when he was in his late teens. I would hope women would have grown up more in the years to follow. Plus he could have had his women go on tour with him. I would have respected him more had he just said I am not ready to get tied down. I did like him and thought he was sweet just a little over the top.

 Arabella is very sweet I loved her bucket list and how she went after what she wanted. Wanting to do things on her own and be her own person you have respect that. There is just no way she can be as sweet an innocent and do some of the things she did in the way she did them. You do have to like her with her go get her ways. Helping where she is needed nothing really stood in her way.

I thought the supporting characters were good. Her best friend is a trip she had me chuckling a few times. I understood her dad totally it isn’t easy letting go of one’s child to let the swim or sink. I thought this was a good sweet read but nothing that will stick with you after you finished. Is it worth your time yes I think it is. Some people will say it is an ok read and other will say it was a great read and they loved it. I recommend you pick it up and give it a read.

Buy Links

 


Book Description
Love is one dare neither of them can take...

Arabella Stone, Nashville’s darling, is eager to shuck her prim-and-proper rep, and a few wild months spent checking items off her “ summer bucket list” is the way to do it. First up: kiss the man she’s crushed on since she wore a training bra, the bad boy of country himself, Blue bassist Charlie Tucker.

For Charlie, a beautiful woman flirting with him isn’t out of the norm—but a beautiful woman bolting after the hottest kiss of his life sure is. And when he finds out his kiss-and-run Cinderella is none other than Arabella Stone, daughter of his label’s CEO, he knows he’s in trouble. Because not only is she a Stone, she’s also his employee for the next few months at the recording studio he just bought.

Over the course of one thrilling summer, Arabella and Charlie chip away at her bucket list and fight the simmering attraction between them...knowing that once it's all over, so is their time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment