Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Killing Cousins: The True Story of the Slaying Cousins


The Killing Cousins: The True Story of the Slaying Cousins (True Crime by Evil Killers, Book 11)

Written by: Jack Rosewood
Narrated by: Miles Taylor
Length: 3 hrs and 8 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:02-08-16
Publisher: Wiq Media

 My Review
This was a very interesting story with some facts I didn’t know and others I did. I thought the author put a lot of thought into writing this. There were one or two places the same thing was repeated but it doesn’t take away from the story. I thought the ending where the author went over some other cases and what makes people kill was very interesting. This book contains extremely graphic adult content, and violence it isn’t for the weak at heart. This is a book about true crime and killing and what the cousins did with the bodies. I really enjoy books of true crime I am always floored at how people can do these things and just how far they are willing to go. The author talks about other books and other authors along with other serial killers which was interesting.

I thought Miles Taylor did an okay job I think it would have been better had he put a little emotion into what each person said. It just felt cold and I know the victims when they talked had to have some excitement into their voice. I did not hear any background noise or could not tell if he took any breaks. There are no character voice which is fine and in no way takes away from the read, however there was one place where he did use a character voice for a short minute and did a wonderful outstanding job. There was emotion you could feel the power and feelings of that character. I have listened to other audios by this narrator where he put feeling into it. I would say it is hard to do so with true crime which is mostly facts. Mr. Taylor did make it an interesting listen.

I did not care for the sub titles that the author put in the book. I didn’t feel they were needed. There were not at each chapter but all through it. Once the narrator started reading you didn’t need to know what was going on knew what it was about. All in all the facts were there and it was a very interesting read.

Buy Links
Audible

No comments:

Post a Comment