Thursday, February 4, 2016

Caught Up In RAINE

Caught Up In RAINE
by L.G. O'Connor

My Review
For some reason I just couldn’t get into this book. I thought it had wonderful characters and a wonderful plot. I thought it started out to slow and just moved to slow for me throughout. I did have a hard time with the age gap being closer to her age than his it was hard to put myself in their shoes. There were some very emotional touching scenes that reach out and grab your heart. There were many good parts. I can’t say there was anything bad I just didn’t connect with the characters. I honestly do not think it was due to the author or her story I feel it was me and might have been more that I wasn’t in the mood for this type of story.

The characters come together as employee, than friends and move to lovers. They each need a second chance. There are times when Jillian will let the age gap get in the way. There are times you just want to yell at her and say go with it, get over it. We can’t really pick who we are attracted to or fall for. It has some great turns and twist. The characters are believable along with the plot.

I do plan to give this another read when I am more in the mood for this type of book. I feel I cannot give it justice that it and the author deserve. I hope you will pick it up and give it a read I feel that a lot of people will love it as well as be moved by it.

Buy Link
 
Book Description
 
“Don’t judge a book by its cover model”

Forty-two and widowed, romance writer Jillian Grant believes hospitals equal death. Plagued by loss and convinced more is imminent when her aunt ends up in critical condition after heart surgery; she has come to equate the absence of pain with happiness. When she spots a hot, young landscaper working on the hospital grounds with an eerie resemblance to the male lead in her next novel, she convinces him to pose as her cover model.

Working multiple jobs to put himself through college, twenty-four-year-old Raine MacDonald is no stranger to loss. Behind his handsome face and rockin’ body lies family tragedy and agonizing secrets. When circumstances put him back in the path of his abusive father, fate delivers Jillian as his unwitting savior. Thing is, when he thinks of her, his thoughts are far from platonic.

Despite their age difference, Jillian and Raine discover they’re more alike than they could ever imagine. But torn between facing her own fears and grasping a chance at happiness, Jillian makes a soul-shattering decision that threatens to blow their world apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment