Monday, February 1, 2016

Calico Spy



Title:   Calico Spy
Series: Undercover Ladies
Author: by Margaret Brownley

My Review
This is a Christian base story that is a clean read full of humor, mystery and a little action. Two women are killed they now have to find out who did it. The owner of the Harvey House restaurant calls in Pinkerton when the sheriff of this small town doesn’t have a clue to where to even start. Sheriff Branch Whitman has little use for the Pinkerton’s and doesn’t want them in his town. He is on the hunt for the killers along with the Pinkerton operative.  Here it gets a little funny as he goes off half cocked on the hunt, Katie is about to tell the sheriff who she is until he opens his mouth and tells her what he thinks of the Pinkers. This was a very entertaining humorous read at times I chuckled and laughed. The author gives you a few stories inside that has your heart in your mouth wondering how this will turn out.

I really enjoyed the characters I liked how Branch and Katie reacted to each other. You could feel the pull between them. I loved the Harvey ladies each having their own little mystery. Andy was adorable just cute as a button. Branch is a strong bullheaded man who mostly thinks women should be home. I wouldn’t really call him alpha just strong welled. He has had some hard times in his life. Katie has had a hard time as well. From her father to her boyfriends she doesn’t know who to trust.  She is a lovely smart and strong welled. She will stand up to any man but she is still very much a lady. I loved how she worked out who the killer was, how she used what she had learned to find him.

I enjoyed the plot along with the wonderful characters. This was well written and well thought out story. This is a Christian book that talks about faith and God but isn’t pushy. The story never gets boring maybe it has a slow start but it isn’t long before you are pulled in trying to help solve the mystery. There were a few times I thought I had it worked out but changed my mind for one reason or the other. In some ways I had it worked out and in others I was clueless.  I liked that this had a light side to it with humor but they still took it very seriously.  If you enjoy a clean, mystery with humor than this book is for you. I really enjoyed it.


Buy Links




Book Description
Pinkerton operative Katie Madison’s newest case takes her to Calico, Kansas, where two Harvey House restaurant waitresses were murdered in mysterious circumstances. Calico’s sheriff, Branch Whitman, has never met a Pink he liked and is stunned to learn the pretty redhead’s true identity as she works undercover as a Harvey girl. A tornado hits town, and a past deception puts Branch’s eight-year-old-son in danger. Now the Sheriff has no choice but to work with Katie—or chance losing everything he holds dear

No comments:

Post a Comment